It's every email sender's nightmare to launch a bug-filled campaign where everyone will see your mistakes. But, if you exercise strict quality control all along the production line, you'll reduce your potential exposure and send campaigns with confidence, even the last-minute ones.
Stefan Pollard shares this 10-Point Checklist:
- I am sending to the correct list.
- I proofread all the text in Notepad before having it coded for my HTML messages.
- I verified that the offer or other purpose for sending the message is the correct one.
- I included an unsubscribe link and street address as required by CAN-SPAM. (Or, I included all the elements my country's commercial-email regulations require.)
- These identifying elements are present and accounted for:
- The subject line is filled in with text that accurately represents the email message content. --
- The "from" line shows my company or brand name, not an email address.
- Any dates, especially copyright, reflect the correct year.
- My company contact information, including name, street address, telephone numbers, Web site and email address for questions or concerns.