Transactional e-mails have the highest open rates of any form of e-mail communication. These e-mails let you build lasting relationships with your customers to help improve your bottom line.
To make the most of them, concentrate on their contents and method of delivery by following these important rules:
- Use HTML
- Send them right away
- Protect the transactional primary purpose
- Link to the correct page of a Web site
- Always suggest additional purchases
- Periodically send transactional e-mails to yourself
- Let them know what is coming
- Provide a name, e-mail address and phone number
Read the full article here.