You may have noticed the reduced frequency of postings on this blog. There's a reason for that: I've been VERY busy setting up my own business. That's right: I'm leaving Ogilvy end of this week to start my own business as an independent email and social marketing consultant :-)
It was not an easy decision to make and those that know me a bit better, know that it's something that has been on my mind for quite a while now.
As an independent consultant I will help my clients to figure out how to make the best use of social media and email marketing. The services that I will be offering as from January include giving advice, coaching and conducting in-house workshops, brainstorming and training sessions on topics such as:
- Getting started with email marketing
- Getting smarter about email marketing
- Choosing the right email marketing platform
- Creating effective email marketing strategies
- Designing email templates
- Email coding best practices
- Growing your email list
- Making sure your emails arrive in the inbox
- Integrating email into the marketing mix
- How to use/engage with social media and social networking in a business environment
- and lots more...
What does this mean for this blog? Nothing really. I will continue to read email marketing articles and I will continue to post the best and most interesting bits and pieces on my blog, like I have been doing for nearly 4 years now. Wish me luck! And if you want to hire me, let me know :-)