The folks over at Campaign Monitor have been hard at work overhauling their CSS guide.
The new guide now includes the following updates.
- Mobile email clients – they took the iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Palm Pre and Palm Treo for a spin.
- Focus on the most popular clients - the web-based version of the report focuses on the 10 most popular email clients. The downloadable version of the guide includes the results for all 23 email clients tested.
- CSS shorthand – they tested the shorthand support for the
- Smarter grouping - Instead of listing all CSS properties alphabetically, they're now grouping them into categories like "text and fonts" and "color and background" to make it easier to see related properties and find what you're looking for.
- Partial support indicated - Email clients like Outlook 2007 offer partial support for some properties such as margin. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Traditionally they've listed this as no support, but they now indicate partial support to let you know it might require more testing.