All too often companies make their selection of an email marketing agency or consultant based on the wrong criteria, which causes heartache, inefficiency, and a significant amount of lost productivity and dollars. In this article Scott Hardigree, provides some useful tips on how to select the best person for the job:
Things You Shouldn’t Do
- Don’t limit your search geographically.
- Don’t screen out professionals based on size.
- Don’t make industry experience a must-have.
- Don’t ask for (or entertain) speculative work.
- Don’t avoid questions about your budget.
So how should you select an email marketing partner?
- Do determine what you need.
- Spend a few minutes on the phone together to get a sense of chemistry and interest. Ask them about their history, who their current clients are, what their core capabilities are.
- Ask them about their process, what it is, how it works, and how it might fit your company and culture.
Read the full article here: The 8 Guiding Principles to Hiring an Email Marketing Agency « The Email Marketing Chronicles.
Need help optimizing your email marketing results? Get in touch!