One of the most cost-effective email marketing programs is outreach targeted to recapture the interest of disengaged subscribers.
These are customers who subscribed to your email list but lost interest, and stopped opening or clicking your emails. They're still on your list and receive email, but they're no longer purchasing from you.
It's not uncommon for 40 percent or more of a brand's list to be inactive.
Recapture programs have the best return when they're made a permanent part of your email marketing mix.
A persistent, ongoing recapture program has these ingredients:
- Define "inactive subscribers"
- Establish baseline statistics of their email (email service provider) and site (web analytics) behavior: click and open rates, conversion rate, revenue per mailing
- Generate an email list of inactive customers
- Send recapture offer email
- Measure response
- Feed results back, repeat