I am attending the iStrategy conference in Amsterdam today and wanted to share these 10 Facebook tips that Randi Zuckerberg (@RandiZuckerberg) talked about in her keynote today:
- Give people a reason to "like" - the days of the "easy like" are over
- Delight customers by featuring them (fan of the day/week/month)
- Give businesses a human face (how is it like to be an employee)
- Detailed insights help you tailor your message - track keywords related conversations
- Stay timely and relevant and funny too! (Twice as engaging if timed right)
- Crowd-sourcing (Target=where to donate, VitaminWater=name botten and design)
- New e-commerce options (purchase online, shops, gifting)
- Using social media as a customer service channel - "Twitter is especially useful"
- Real-time interaction (Burberry posted a pic of the model just before she went on the runway)
- A beautiful mobile experience (focus on the one aspect they do on the go)
And, while you're at it, also read the blog post on the iStrategy blog.