21 Ways To Avoid Email Spam Filters
Mar 08, 2005
- Use a consistent "From" field.
- Have permisson to contact the recipient.
- Never spam. Avoid spam trigger words.
- Follow best practice email marketing techniques.
- Monitor the blacklists.
- Don't use carbon copy to lots of recipients.
- Personalise the "To" field.
- Don't keep mailing to someone if they have unsubscribed.
- Don't use a mailing service that tolerates spam.
- Remove bounces from your list.
- Don�t use the recipient�s email address in the subject line.
- Avoid using words that appear in Outlook�s Junk Filter list.
- Don�t use multiple exclamation marks or dollar signs.
- Ask recipients to add your email address to their "trusted sender" or "whitelist" list or Address Book.
- Don�t use excessive capitalisation.
- Prefix all links with http://
- Don�t use an IP address in links instead of a domain name.
- Don�t mention spam laws compliance.
- Block generic email addresses from your list ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], etc.)
- Use confirmed opt-in (ie. send a confirmation email whenever someone is added to your list).
Need help optimizing your email marketing results? Get in touch!