Here are some important considerations when designing your Email Marketing Strategy:
1. Know Your Customer. Different characteristics of your service or product can appeal to different customer segments. When designing an email strategy the first step is to find out what appeals to which audience so you can differentiate your message accordingly.
2. Single-View Email List. Are all customer email addresses and relevant data from all sources channeled into a single email database? A single-view customer database has obvious benefits:
- Allows you to establish a single and easy to manage opt-in email list.
- Allows you to address all of your customer segments.
- Perform ongoing and frequent updates to the email database.
- Use an appending service to obtain the email addresses of customers for whom you only have a physical address.
- Identify your most valuable customers with best lifetime value perspective (80:20 principle).
- Launch email campaigns addressing different customer segments by adjusting a "master template".