Exact Target released its annual email marketing trends for the upcoming year. A year ago, the trends involved relevancy and frequency of e-mails, ExactTarget said. Those are now the industry basics, and the future is to focus on deliverability, analytics and multichannel marketing.
The top trends for 2006 are:
- Deliverability will drive email success.
- Open rate is over rated.
- Email metrics and web analytics will be integrated.
- Multi-channel marketing will deliver winning results.
- List growth will be healthy, but takes work.
- RSS will start to make an impact on email marketing.
- Email will get more personalized.
- Look for rich media in email.
- Email as a carrier for third party advertising.
- The new metric: return on subscriber.
The trends are available as a white paper with graphics and real-life examples here.