In this article on MarketingProfs.com, Linda Schumacher offers these 8 tips to enhance your onsite registration process:
1. Include an abbreviated registration form or prominent sign up graphic on every page of your Web site to increase newsletter visibility.
2. Communicate what you're going to do with the user's personal information.
3. Explain the benefits of becoming an email subscriber.
4. Provide monetary value to encourage registration.
5. Allow subscribers to choose the frequency of email delivery.
6. Require users to type their email address a second time and validate the match.
7. Use double-opt-in to verify new subscribers and build a cleaner list.
8. Thank your customers for their registration.
Read the full article here.