Dylan posted his notes from David Daniels' session at the Email Insider Summit. Here are some highlights:
- How are people spending time? Email 87%, Search 70%, Research 64%, Purchase 60%, IM 37%.
These are the top activities by online consumers, not consumers in general.
- The average person gets 274 emails a week in personal email.
- 304 emails a week at work email.
- 74% of people have 2 email accounts.
- 8% triage emails with handheld devices. (Growing)
- 18% of heavy email buyers use their mobile device to deal with emails prior to reading them in the inbox.
- 26% of the inbox is opt in marketing campaigns, the other 74% of the emails are typical personal or business correspondence.
- Why people opt out:
53% of people unsub due to irrelevance.
40% due to frequency
26% unsub using this this is Spam or Junk button.
Need help optimizing your email marketing results? Get in touch!