As you might have noticed, I'm a big fan of MarketingSherpa's research. Last week they contacted me to see if I would be interested in talking to Stefan Tornquist about the results of this year's Email Marketing Benchmark Guide. Of course I said yes :)
I spoke with Stefan tonight and he had some really interesting insights to share about:
- inbox overload
- lack of trust due to spam
- deliverability and the importance of reputation and content filtering
- what do recipients consider to be spam?
- what should marketers work on in 2008?
- what do you do with inactive email addresses?
- the impact of segmentation on campaign results
- eyetracking results regarding ad placements in emails
Instead of writing a summary, I recorded (part of) the conversation. Unfortunately, the first couple of minutes of the conversation where lost due to problems with Skype so when you listen to the recording you will notice that we're jumping right into the conversation.
This was my first interview ever, so I was a bit nervous. Please believe me when I say that my English is much better when I'm more relaxed ;-)
MarketingSherpa is hosting a teleconference on Wednesday where they will provide more insights. You can register for the teleconference here.
If you are interested in buying the Email Marketing Benchmark Guide, follow this link.