At MarketingSherpa's 3rd Annual Email Summit award ceremony held today, Jeanne Hopkins and Exact Target's Joel Book presented Email Awards in recognition of the year's most outstanding email marketing campaigns. Logitech's campaign submitted by Direct Impact, "Logitech DiNovo Edge and Logitech MX Revolution," was named Best of Show.
The awards are rewarding campaigns that work successfully in the real world. Entries were submitted into 10 categories and further broken into B-to-B or consumer. Attendees of the Email Summit will be given the opportunity to review all the winning campaigns.
The 2008 Email Marketing Awards include:
- Best of Show: "Logitech DiNovo Edge and Logitech MX Revolution" submitted by Direct Impact (Consumer: Promotional Blast-Direct Sale or Lead Gen Offer category)
- Best (or most dramatic) test you learned from (B-to-B) Gold: "Southcentral Foundation Company Newsletter" submitted by Southcentral Foundation
- Best (or most dramatic) test you learned from (Consumer) Gold: "Key Messaging MultiVariate Test for Kolbe Corp." submitted by Mighty Interactive Silver: "Insurance.com - CYQ Urgent Email" submitted by Insurance.com
- Best Automated Series (Auto Responder) (B-to-B) Gold: "VMWare - Customer Cost Savings" submitted by VMWare Silver: "Dell - Customer Ratings & Reviews" submitted by T3 (The Think Tank) Honorable Mention: "CoastGuard Automated Series Upgrade 2007" submitted by Placeworld Marketing
- Best Automated Series (Auto Responder) (Consumer) Gold: "Intellidyn Lead Incubation" submitted by Intellidyn Corporation Silver: "Farecast Alert - Airfare Predictions" submitted by Farecast Honorable Mention: "Les Roches Autoresponder" submitted by Internet Strategy Group
- Best Email Opt-in Campaign (B-to-B) Gold (Information Management): "IBM - Gain Greater ROI" submitted by IBM Gold (Telecom): "Motorola WiMAX Global Relationship Marketing Campaign" submitted by Motorola Gold (Largest Entry): "Rainmaker Report - The One Piece of Advice You Can't Generate Leads Without" submitted by RainToday.com Gold (Technology): "The Sun Asian Pacific Re-Engagement Campaign" submitted by Acxiom Digital Silver: "Germanwings October Revolution" submitted by rabbit eMarketing Honorable Mention: "MomAgenda" submitted by Portent Interactive
- Best Email Opt-in Campaign (Consumer) Gold (Retail): "Circuit City Marketing Email" submitted by Circuit City Gold (Recreation): "AMF $50,000 Summer Free-For-All" submitted by Fishbowl Inc. Gold (Publishing): "BHG.com & Parents.com - 50 Days of Giveaways" submitted by Meredith Corporation Gold (Education): "Learning A-Z - Open House" submitted by Learning A-Z
- Best Non-Email Opt-in Messaging (B-to-B) Gold: "Dell - Email Registration Direct Mail" submitted by T3 (The think Tank) Silver: "Royal Caribbean Cruises - VIP CruisePass" submitted by OTOlabs
- Best Non-Email Opt-in Messaging (Consumer) Gold: "U.S. Army Recruiting" submitted by U.S. Army Silver (tie): "Motorcycle Insurance - In the Saddle" submitted by Ariad Marketing Communications Silver (tie): "Vail SnowMate" submitted by Recreation-OTOlabs
- Best Postcard-Style Campaign (B-to-B) Gold: "Internet Marketing Services - A Holiday Gift" submitted by Blue Tent Marketing
- Best Postcard-Style Campaign (Consumer) Gold: "Renault SIAB" submitted by White Image Silver: "Indiana University - Fiscal Year-end Thanks You Email" submitted by Indiana University Foundation
- Best Promotional Relaunch Blast (Consumer) Gold: "Spencer Gifts - Fart Machine - "That Ain't Hot Air - Fart-O-Nator" submitted by Spencer Gifts
- Best Promotional Blast-Direct Sale or Lead Gen Offer (B-to-B) Gold: "Dell - Top Rated Products" submitted by T3 (The Think Tank) Silver: "SAP PartnershipEdge Program" submitted by SAP America Honorable Mention: "Biolase Ezlase Diode Laser" submitted by Biolase Technology
- Best Promotional Blast-Direct Sale or Lead Gen Offer (Consumer) Gold: "Wacom: Power of Pens" submitted by eROI Silver (tie): "Kodak - "Two-fer" submitted by OgilvyOne Worldwide Silver (tie): "Windows Live Hotmail Incentivize Migration" submitted by VML Seattle Honorable Mention: "Raptors - Oh My Bosh!" submitted by Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment
- Best Single Welcome Letter (to New Subscribers) (B-to-B) Gold: "Priority club Meeting Rewards - Welcome Emails" submitted by Digitas
- Best Single Welcome Letter (to New Subscribers) (Consumer) Gold: "Maxwell House - Spruce Up Your House" submitted by OgilvyOne Worldwide
- Best Triggered Personalized Email (B-to-B) Gold: "Wer liefert was? (WLW) Customer Loyalty Program" submitted by rabbit eMarketing Silver: "Dell Small & Medium Business Saved Cart" submitted by T3 (The Think Tank)
- Best Triggered Personalized Email (Consumer) Gold: "Happy Birthday from Pepsi" submitted by Tribal DDB Silver: "Tennessee Dept. of Tourist Development - License to Ride with Elvis or Dolly" submitted by Paramore/Redd Online Marketing
- Best Email Newsletter for Marketing Purposes (B-to-B) Gold: "Sun Microsystems Global Channel Partner Newsletter" submitted by Connection2 Silver: "Cars.com Dealer Advantage" submitted by Cars.com
- Best Email Newsletter for Marketing Purposes (Consumer) Gold: "HP Home & Home Office Store Newsletter Redesign" submitted by Yesmail Silver (tie): "My Coke Rewards Newsletter" submitted by Yesmail Silver (tie): "Sears - What's in Store for You? email program" submitted by M Marketing Inc.