In March of 2008, SubscriberMail surveyed marketing professionals around the world to gain insight into the way email marketing was being used, the level of success they achieved and the challenges and opportunities they have faced for their email marketing efforts over the past 12 months.
Here are some of the results:
- Email marketers report improved results over last 12 months
- Conversion rate the top metric used for assessing email marketing effectiveness
- Majority of marketers integrate email marketing with other channels, most often with sales force and print
- Swamped inboxes and delivery cited as greatest challenges to email marketing success with marketer time and resources not far behind
- More than two-thirds of email marketers fail to send a welcome message to new subscribers