In this article over on MarketingProfs, Louis Chatoff, shares some tips on how to keep a recipient from hitting the Spam button:
Before they open your message:
- Make sure the From address is easily recognizable; it should contain the name of your company or organization.
- Make sure the Subject line is relevant and truly matches your content.
- Send your messages in regular intervals so the recipient comes to expect them.
- Do not over-send. If you send monthly, do not start sending weekly.
- And, most important, send only to those who have requested to receive your message. Do not send to addresses that come from a third party, and do not add members who have previously unsubscribed. Remember, it only takes one complaint in 1,000 to get all your messages blocked.
After opening your message:
- Consider adding a sentence to the top of mailing, such as this: "You are receiving this message because you have subscribed to list XYZ."
- Make sure the content matches the subject line and is relevant to the recipient.
- Make sure the Unsubscribe link is easy to find.
Need help optimizing your email marketing results? Get in touch!