Loren McDonald lists these 14 annoyance factors that drive email list churn:
- Sending irrelevant email messages
- Sending emails too frequently
- Expanding permission to other mailings
- Sending an offer to customers for a product/service they have already purchased
- Not using any of the data you collected from recipients to create targeted messages
- Lack of personalization
- Bad personalization
- Not using a friendly (recognizable) "From" name, especially in "welcome" messages
- Using one “From” name/address in the welcome email and then different ones in your regular emails
- Poor design or confusing navigation
- Making it hard for readers to manage their subscriptions or contact you from email
- Using one or two large images to show products or present information.
- Using images to present action items
- Emails with typos, the wrong date or product photo, broken links or coding errors.
Need help optimizing your email marketing results? Get in touch!