Kristeen Hudson provides these 10 tips for successful preheader text on the Exact Target blog:
- Use a call-to-action
- Use positive wording
- Make your preheader text support you subject line
- Keep in mind the length of the preheader text that will be displayed in the inbox
- The marketing preheader text (aka the call to action) should be in the top left of the email
- If you make the pre-header text too long it defeats the purpose.
- Don't repeat the subject line as the preheader text
- Preheader text is generally smaller then body copy, but it should still be readable
- Write attention-grabbing preheader text
- Try an A/B split with different pre-headers and test to see which emails get the most opens and conversions.
Read the full post here: The ExactTarget Blog - 10 Tips for Successful Email Preheader Text .
Need help optimizing your email marketing results? Get in touch!